Wednesday, August 28, 2013

monthly post:Senior topic finalized

        I was struggling to finalized my senior project. I knew it  had to be yearbook related but didn't want to go the traditional approach of explaining what a yearbook is because truth be told, everyone knows what a yearbook is. I wanted to explore more of the business side of yearbook because yearbook is very much a business. You have a budget to keep in mind, staff to teach, and the book to sell. In other words, money, workforce, and product which is what a company is. I also had to keep in mind about possible mentors I have access to. This is how I came up with the idea of management because management is what you have to  keep in mind for the overall company to run efficiently as possible.  I have been volunteering at Kaiser Permanente for over a year now in their pediatrics department. I noticed that it take a combined effort to run it with a lot of people working long hours behind the scenes. For my senior project I want  to be able apply what I learn from my mentor to yearbook to better and more efficiently run it. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment