Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Mentorship Component

Literal:

1. Log
2. Mini Orth

     email: mimiorth@gmail.com
     ph. (626) 798-1680
3. Questions
  
    How do I transfer the information I learned to my role as Eic to my school?
    What is the best way to deal with conflict between the staff?
    What is the best way to deal with the editors?
    How do I balance the "fun" time and productivity in yearbook?
    How do I best keep the workflow in yearbook? 

Interpretive:

 1. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

       The most important thing I learned was the importance of keeping staff moral because if I do my job right and keep them wanting to come to yearbook, they will be more willing to do the work. It help put my position into perspective because I cannot make a good book without the staff. I realized being at camp with all the other schools that the best books like walnut have staffs that are willing to put in the time and effort because they truly enjoy the environment that the yearbook room brings. 

Applied:

1. How did what you did help you choose a topic?  Please explain. 

   I knew I was going to do yearbook but I am going to do yearbook as an organization. While at camp they stressed the importance of treating yearbook as more than a class and more like a business. So as my topic I chose to do the Business of yearbook. This will be something that incorporates all aspects of yearbook; financial, product and staff. This class help me understand the true essence of what you need to be  good yearbook Eic and how that leadership translates to a good yearbook and experience. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment